Appleton, Maine

Incorporated 1829

How do I get a Hunting and/or Fishing License?

You can purchase a hunting or fishing license at the Town Office or online (see site below).

Licenses are issued to both residents and non-residents of Maine.

You must be a resident of Maine for at least three months in order to qualify for a resident's license. Your vehicle registration and driver's license must be issued by the State of Maine.

For a new Hunting, Archery or Crossbow License you will need to provide proof of:

safety course card, previous license (either from Maine or another state), or complete an affidavit (if you have held a previous license but have no proof).

For more information, including fees and regulations, go to Maine state Fish & Wildlife web site.  

The Official Website for the Town of Appleton, Maine